For each situation
Our made-to-measure participation takes into account the local challenges, the children or adults involved, the exact goals and the local situation.
I have set up and lead many participatory approaches, with diverse goals, such as:
- including children’s ideas
- teaching children new skills or about environmental issues.
- increasing local ownership
- enhancing mutual understanding between diverse user groups, such as host communities and refugees.
- integrating different needs within one plan.
- bringing in knowledge from local experts and organisations.
A participation process can be short – if participants’ input is most important-, it can stretch over several sessions, if the goal involves actually teaching or empowering participants through the process.
I lead workshops for all ages – children, teenagers, adults- in sharing and categorising their experiences, needs, wishes or alleged threats. Together we can translate these into a concrete set of requirements.
In setting up new participation projects, I build on the diverse formats I have developed: from dialogue sessions, social mapping tours, dialogue-& craft sessions, lesson courses, participatory games, interviews, discussion meetings, to longer municipal public participation processes.
I develop and lead each project to ensure strong involvement of all participants. Send me a message, I am happy to brainstorm out-of-the-box solutions with you.