WORKSHOPS & PRESENTATIONS
I have shared my knowledge & experience, inspired people, taught and learned from others, on numerous international occasions, ranging from practical workshops to large audience presentations.
Some of the topics that I address are:
- How to design pedagogically rich play spaces, without catalogue play equipment?
- How to involve the community in their resilient and child-friendly environment?
- How to integrate climatological challenges in public play spaces?
- How to design meaningful participation processes, from an integrated perspective?
- How to design playspaces enhancing 21st century skills?
I have led numerous workshops, given lectures, trainings and presentations in Spain, South-Korea, Croatia, Belgium, Egypt, The Netherlands,and Rwanda.
Here is what I offer
- In-depth knowledge
- practical applicable methods
- interactive and hands-on lectures
- contagious enthousiasm.
Previous workshops and presentations
Rwanda training the trainers in child-centered design: “how to make children the architects of the plans?”
Cairo workshop:placemaking for children
Risk & potentials mappnig
Seoul presentation I: “why greening schoolyards *together with children* is more important than ever” on Symposium for Seoul Metropolitan Government & Child Fund Korea
Antwerp Presentation: “sustainable schoolyards” on Child in The City Conference 2019, Antwerp Belgium
Madrid presentation: “Re-using materials in playgrounds” on ‘re-lab’s laboratory at great architectural activist’s organisation Basurama.
Split Croatia presentation: ‘designing for & with children’ on URBACT’ international symposium in Split, Croatia.
Amsterdam municipality Lecture ” green schoolyard: vision –> design.”, Amsterdam 2019
Architects, local municipalities, students Workshops child participation.
Seoul Urban regeneration center, workshop architects & urbanists: ‘approaches to participatory design’